Installation Instructions - Club Car Precedent/Onward/Tempo
Club Car Models: Precedent (2004-2017), Onward/Tempo (2017-2021)
Installing the Xtreme Clip
Before installing the mat, follow the instructions below to install the Xtreme clip to the underside of the dashboard. Xtreme Mats highly recommends the use of our custom-designed Xtreme clip to secure the mats while the cart is in motion. The Xtreme clip is not a permanent fixture and can be installed and removed on an OEM dashboard without damaging it and without tools.
- Each Xtreme clip has two clip arms that attach to the underside of the dash by clipping it in between the channels in the contouring where the dash meets the flooring. You may need to pull back the manufacturer flooring slightly to accomplish this.
- Choose the location under the dash where you’d like to attach the Xtreme clip and center it between the grooves in the contouring. We recommend centering the Xtreme clip in the middle of the dashboard.
- At the point where the dash meets the flooring, slide the clip arms (B) of the Xtreme clip onto the underside of the dash. The clip arms should slide perfectly into the contour channels (A) and the Xtreme Mats plate will be facing toward you.
- If you had to pull back the manufacturer flooring, push it back into place once the Xtreme clip is installed.
Installing the Xtreme Mats - Golf Cart Floor Mat with a factory dashboard:
- After installing the Xtreme clip, simply lay the Xtreme Mats Golf Cart Floor Mat over your manufacturer flooring, feeding the pedals through the opening.
- Slide the top of the mat under the Xtreme clip. The lip on the backside of the Xtreme clip will grab onto the outlined trim of the mat, securing it.
- Tuck the left and right side of the mats behind the cupholders.
Installing the Xtreme Mats - Golf Cart Floor Mat with an aftermarket dashboard:
- If you have an aftermarket dashboard, loosen the dash screws slightly using a T20 or T25 star bit. You will NOT need to install the Xtreme clip if your dashboard covers the top part of the mat. Retighten the screws after installation.
- Loosen the dashboard to make room for sliding the mat slightly underneath it. The dashboard should cover the top of the mat slightly, holding it in place and the sides should be tucked behind the cup holders.
- If you have an aftermarket dashboard that does not cover the top of the mat or one without cup holders on both sides, the mat may need to be secured in those places. We recommend heavy-duty adhesive Velcro dots or strips. This will secure the mat in place while also being easily removed.
Maintenance and Care:
- To maintain the look and longevity of your mat, we recommend applying a rubber conditioner often and anytime the mat is cleaned. Mild soap should be used when cleaning to avoid stripping the natural oils of the rubber.